The Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation supports over 1,400 college students each year, with annual scholarships of $3.45 million, through two nationally recognized programs. The Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors each year.
Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, and their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. With the 28th class in 2016, the Foundation has provided over 5,700 Coca-Cola Scholars with more than $60 million in educational support. 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship.
To celebrate Coca-Cola’s centennial in 1986, The Coca-Cola Company and Coca-Cola bottlers came together to fund the Coca−Cola Scholars Foundation. This commitment to education enables the Foundation to support over 1,400 college students each year, with annual scholarships of $3.4 million through two nationally recognized programs on behalf of the Coca−Cola System.
The mission of the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation is to provide scholarship programs and lifelong enrichment opportunities in support of exceptional peoples’ thirst for knowledge and their desire to make a difference in the world.
CCSF awards funding through three scholarship programs each year
- Coca-Cola Scholars Scholarship – High school seniors with a minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA may apply on our website in August of their senior year until the October 31 deadline. 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship.
- Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team – Fifty Gold $1,500, fifty Silver $1,250, and fifty Bronze $1,000 scholarships. Current students at two-year community colleges may apply between October 1 and December 2. This scholarship is administered by Phi Theta Kappa, and application details can be found on their website, www.ptk.org.
- Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise – 180 scholarships of $1,000. Current students at two-year community colleges may apply between February 27 and April 30. This scholarship is administered by Phi Theta Kappa, and application details can be found on their website, ptk.org.
- Current high school (or homeschooled) seniors attending school in the United States (or select DoD schools);
- S. Citizens; U.S. Nationals; U.S. Permanent Residents; Refugees; Asylees; Cuban-Haitian Entrants; or Humanitarian Parolees;
- Anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application;
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution;
- Carrying a minimum 3.00 GPA at the end of their junior year of high school.
- Applicants may not be children or grandchildren of employees, officers or owners of Coca-Cola bottling companies, The Coca-Cola Company, Company divisions or subsidiaries.
How to apply?
An initial application becomes available on our website in August each year. If you are at that time a high school senior with at least a 3.0 GPA, you may apply by completing the online application by the October 31 deadline. The application requires you to list your grades, school and community activities, and employment, but no essays or additional materials are required. The Foundation accepts only online applications during the initial application phase.
What kind of applicants are they looking?
Coca-Cola Scholars are well-rounded, bright students who not only excel academically, but are also actively involved in their school. These leaders are passionate, service-oriented, and demonstrate a sustained commitment to bettering their community. This is not a need based scholarship. This is an achievement based scholarship.
In addition to the monetary award, the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation greatly values staying connected to their recipients even after college. The Foundation hosts frequent receptions for Scholars throughout the country and also invites Scholars from all classes to return to Atlanta for a Leadership Summit once every five years to engage in interactive sessions developed by alumni.
The Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team
The Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation proudly supports two-year colleges through the Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team Program, administered by Phi Theta Kappa. The Program awards 200 stipends (up to $237,500) annually across four tiers of recipients in varying amounts:
- 50 New Century Gold Scholars are awarded $1,500
- 50 Silver Scholars are awarded $1,250
- 50 Bronze Scholars are awarded $1,000.
Get application details at www.ptk.org.
Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise
Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise is Phi Theta Kappa’s first scholarship program available to its members to be used during the time they are enrolled in community colleges. 200 scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded based on applications submitted by members. Get application details at www.ptk.org.
Gather This Information
- A transcript – You will need this to report the course level and grades that you have received since your freshman year in high school.
- A school profile – You will need this to answer several questions about your school such as your school code, the number of AP, IB and Honors classes your school provides, and the number of community service hours required for graduation.
- Contact info – The name, email address and phone number of your guidance counselor and principal.
- A list of school and non-school related clubs and organizations in which you have participated since your freshman year as well as any corresponding leadership positions.
- A list of honors and awards that you received when participating in school, and non school-related clubs and organizations and the level of each award (Local, State, Regional or National) since your freshman year.
- A list of volunteer organizations with which you have served and the number of hours served with each, plus any awards and honors that you have received for your participation since freshman year.
Contact information of the Coca-Cola Scholars Program
Coca-Cola Scholars Program
Toll Free 800.306.2653
Coca-Cola All-State Community College Academic Team Program
Feel free to contact the Foundation staff at 1-800-306-2653 Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm Eastern. Read more here http://www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/apply/