Since 2009, the Bayanihan Foundation Worldwide has been working to help promote the quality of life in the Philippines and contributing to positive social change. They are dedicated to building strategic and thoughtful partnerships with like-minded organizations in the United States and at home; building broad and diaspora giving; and expanding awareness of the rich culture and history of the Philippine Islands.
The Foundation’s Board established clear priorities for its work in order to focus its activities and deliver more effectively.
The Bayanihan Foundation focuses on the following priorities:
- Spearheading the Community Power Giving Circle and fostering philanthropy among young Filipino Americans;
- Developing NEXTGEN Fellowship and encouraging young Filipino Americans to connect with their Filipino heritage, travel to the Philippines in June and tap into their giving locally and globally;
- Supporting sustainable long-term projects in education and health including computer labs and libraries in Iligan City and Giporlos, Samar; and
- Encouraging Filipinos abroad to help Filipinos at home including: 1) advocacy for Filipino Amerasian children of U.S. military, abandoned in the Philippines; and 2) public awareness of the toxic legacy at the Subic and Clark Bases
The Bayanihan Foundation Worldwide is an US registered 501(c)3 public charity. The foundation also earned the GuideStar Exchange Valued Partner Seal of Approval for accountability and transparency.
During summer, the Bayanihan Foundation sponsors partial and full travel accommodations for up to 7 young adults (18 years old and up) to visit the Philippines for 14 days. The travel scholarship opportunities, which is valued up to $4,500 each, will be awarded based on merit and financial need.
Scholarship valued at $4,500
- International airfare to Manila from Chicago
- Domestic transportation in the Philippines
The scholars are expected to cover their own
- Visa Costs
- Incidental Expenses
- Travel Vaccinations
- Travel Insurance
Participants are encouraged to fundraise $300 to $1,000 or as much as they can for their own service projects.
- Diaspora philanthropy (sharing resources with your homeland)
- Service projects (contribute in sustaining community with action)
- Visit family & friends; immerse in Filipino culture ([re]connect with your roots)
Send your application to
Bayanihan’s Executive Director
NextGen Travel Scholarship Application
2020 N. California Ave., Suite 7 Box 147
Chicago, IL 60647
Further inquiries, please contact